DD 11

Here's my drawing for today:


I made this with a method you might like to try - here's what to do:

  1. Choose a drawing from your sketchbook. 
  2. Take a digital photo of it, or do what I did and pop it on the scanner.
  3. Save the file.
  4. Tear out a new page in your sketchbook, leave at least half an inch at the spine for re-attachment.
  5. Put the page in your computer printer.
  6. Open the image file and choose Print, play with the scale settings. I printed a few varying the scale between 200% and 300%. By enlarging the original drawing you'll exaggerate all the lovely marks and visual texture.
  7. Use a gluestick and attach the printed drawing back into the book.
  8. Work into it to add more detail, colour, pattern or other motifs and shapes.

I used Derwent Graphitint pencils (water-soluble) to draw the keyhole shapes and fill in some colour, then added a little clean water to wash the pencil marks and intensify the colour. 

I hope that helps you fill a few more pages in your sketchbook. Have fun!
Laura
x

Comments

  1. I really like this idea. Now to see if I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, do you remember the drawing sessions you did on dmtv about 2years ago? It would be so useful if you repeated the or did them as an archive. They were so helpful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment